Asking everyone who is LDS to take a moment and reflect on their beliefs. See if what you believe in is Biblically sound or not. Please do so with a sincere heart. What are you waiting for? I am not talking simply pondering about what you believe in but testing each belief with what the Bible says. Is this something you are willing to do? Why take everything at face value when it comes to your church? You are smarter than that and God wants to move in your life and lead You to His truth. The truth of the matter is that what you are believing now could very well be condemning you. If these beliefs are not true based on the Bible, then you should not trust them. This may be hard to hear, but I am speaking the truth. I am not trying to lead you away from anything that is true, but away from what is corrupt, and out of place with the Lord, our God. What are these specific teachings that I am asking you to reconsider for the sake of Jesus? They are the following…
1. Adam – The first man to ever lived was also God.
2. Afterlife – Spirit Prison, 3 Kingdoms, where anybody that accepts a baptism for the dead can enter heaven.
3. Atonement – Jesus suffered for sins in the garden, finished the payment for sins on the cross.
4. Baptism – It is necessary to be baptized in order to be saved.
5. Baptism for the dead – Works for the dead gives people a second chance to receive a baptism and be saved.
6. Blacks – God cursed people with black skin. This happened with Cain and those who are African Americans, along with people in America with the Book of Mormon.
7. Children of God – All of God’s creation are His children. We are His sons and daughters.
8. Deacons – Kids at the age of 12 years old are called deacons.
9. Exaltation to Godhood – This is for all people in the LDS church. They can become a God as Jesus became God.
10. Father – He has a body of flesh and bones and not Spirit only.
11. Godhead – There are different beings/Gods made up of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
12. Gospel – Jesus suffered for our sins in the garden, finished the payment on the cross, was buried, and rose from the grave.
13. Heavenly Mother – The Father is married and all creation came from the Heavenly Mother.
14. Jesus – He became God like His Father. Jesus is the brother of Lucifer.
15. Marriage – Those who are alive and are dead are sealed to their spouse and children for all eternity.
16. Polygamy – God is ok with people having more than one wife.
17. Salvation – We are saved by faith after all we can do.
18. Pre-existence – Human spirits existed with God, and the angels. This includes the plan presented by Jesus and Lucifer, and the fall of people to the earth, not angels.
19. Priesthood – People obtain this priesthood by the laying on of hands. First the Aaronic Priesthood and then the Melchizedek Priesthood as people get older. This is God’s authority given to people.
20. Prophets – God uses prophets now as His mouthpiece and not Jesus alone.
21. Temples – God dwells in these temples, the need for works for dead people.
22. Worship – They are taught to worship only the Father and not Jesus.
So if the teachings in Mormonism are false, what corresponding teachings are true? This needs to be addressed if the beliefs I mentioned above are false. Here is the reason. It is better to know God and be found on his side in what you know and teach, then to be on Satan’s side teaching what is man-made and not of God. You must realize that everything you hear that sounds good isn’t always from God. The same can be said about our feelings. Surely, what we feel can lead us astray. Many people say they feel wonderful inside after going on a nice walk or hike, reading a book, watching a movie, playing a video game, and more. Therefore, do not trust everything you feel. What is Biblically sound is what we find in the Biblical text, and it is not based on feelings. Test what you have been taught with what the Bible teaches. Don’t delay doing this, for this is what the Lord is expecting of each one of you. See below for God’s truth when it comes to the topics above…
1. Adam – The first man, of whom fell in the garden. We do not know if he is saved or not. (Genesis 3)
2. Afterlife – People go to Paradise or Hell. There are no second chances after death. People wait till judgment, where they will either be sent to the new earth/new heaven or the lake of fire. (Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 20:11-15; Revelation 21:1-8)
3. Atonement – Jesus died for our sins on the cross. (Romans 5:8-11)
4. Baptism – It is not necessary for salvation. The thief on the cross went to paradise when he died and was saved without baptism. (Luke 23:39-43)
5. Baptism for the dead – This teaching is heresy and was never a doctrine in the church. Performing any works for dead people is in communication with evil spirits and is necromancy. This is an abomination to God. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
6. Blacks – God does not look at the outward appearance but the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7)
7. Children of God – We become a child of God through faith in Jesus. (Galatians 3:24-26)
8. Deacons – Those who are married are called by God to be a deacon. (1 Timothy 3:8-13)
9. Exaltation – Only Jesus is exalted, not us. We will never become a God in heaven, but like unto angels. (Philippians 2:9-11)
10. Father – God is Spirit, and we are to worship Him in spirit and truth. (John 4:21-24)
11. Godhead/Trinity – The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one God. (1 John 5:7,8)
12. Gospel – Jesus died for our sins on the cross, was buried, and then rose from the grave. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
13. Heavenly Mother – This is equivalent to the Queen of Heaven teaching, which God hates. (Jeremiah 7:15-20,23)
14. Jesus – He has always been God and is the creator of all things, which includes angels and Lucifer (having once been an angel). (Colossians 1:12-17; Revelation 1:10,11)
15. Marriage – There is no marriage in heaven. Marriage ends in death. (Matthew 22:23-32; Mark 12:18-27; Luke 20:27-40)
16. Polygamy – God calls us to have one wife, for other wives can lead us apart from Him. (Deuteronomy 17:17; 1 Kings 11:1-9)
17. Pre-existence – Before the earth’s creation, God and His angels existed. Lucifer fell, and he was cast to earth with his angels. This was the third part of heaven. (Revelation 12:1-9)
18. Priesthood – only Jesus is our High Priest. We are all under His royal priesthood that believe in Him. (Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 Peter 2:1-9)
19. Prophets – These are people filled with the Holy Spirit and have this gift from God. We are to follow Jesus, not people. (1 Corinthians 12:1-14; Hebrews 1:1,2)
20. Salvation – We are saved by faith alone, grace alone in Jesus. Works are the fruits of our faith. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
21. Temples – God does not dwell in temples made with hands, for we are His temple. (Acts 7:47-49; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)
22. Worship – Ever knee shall bow at the name of Jesus. People better worship Him now or else they will be in trouble on judgment day. We are to worship the Father also. (Philippians 2:10,11)
All messages On Mormonism Can Be Found HERE.
This content will help Mormons know the truth of God and surrender their lives to Jesus.